Thursday, March 25, 2010

'No such heaven exisit on Earth' reflection


Think Creatively
In my collage I think that I used many creative elements. For example, I organized my collage so that i should the conflicts the 'Lost Boys' faced in Sudan such as extreme poverty and the civil war with the North and on the other side I should American culture and how alien it was to them. Also I put a picture of the two boys we were focusing on, Peter and Santino, in the center of the collage but i tore both of the photos in half. I was trying to show how Peter and Santino were torn between their new lives in America and their family and friends back in the Kenyan refugee camp.

Reason Critically
I used my the text I chose to highlight the 'Lost Boys' plight because I chose my words so that it shows that they had a happy life in Sudan, other than living in poverty, before the military came and killed their family.

Communicate Effectively
In my collage I think that it invokes emotion into people because of the words I used. Also I think it makes people more aware of the situation in Sudan and the conflicts that the boys faced during their time in Sudan and in America.

Live Ethically
In my collage it shows the pain, destruction and poverty that they experienced in Sudan and Kenya. Many of the people never made it to Kenya after the first hit from Northern Sudan. I think that this makes people feel empathetic for the 'Lost Boys' because these are normal people with a tragic story, and they have to live with that story burned into their minds for everyday of their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment